Due to life happening this year, I have not, nor will I be able to post individual book reviews to every book I read. I don’t want this to slow down my reading though, so I will just note the books I have read in 2023.
Once life becomes less hectic (hopefully in the summer), I will go back to reviewing books. I do miss doing it, but I just don’t have the time now. I thought I might be able to catch up later but having this hanging over my head is stressful.
- Sea of Tranquility - Emily St. John Mandel
- Leviathan, or The Whale - Philip Hoare
- The Big Red Book of Modern Chinese Literature: Writings from the Mainland in the Long Twentieth Century - Yunte Huang
- Babel - R.F. Kuang
- When Women Kill: Four Crimes Retold
- The Cultural Revolution: A People’s History, 1962-1976 - Frank Dikötter
- Double Star - Robert A. Heinlein
- The Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy 2017 - Charles Yu
- I was Told to Come Alone: My Journey Behind the Lines of Jihad - Souad Mekhennet
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet - Becky Chambers
- Valis - Philip K. Dick
- Foreigner - C.J. Cherryh
- Love this book. Cherryh never fails to disapoint. This is about the human ‘ambassador’ to an alien race humans accidently colonize. Is this sci-fi or a political thriller? A bit of both! I will soon be diving into the rest of this 22 book long series.
- Tracers in the Dark: The Global Hunt for the Crime Lords of Cryptocurrency - Andy Greenberg
- Sandworm: A New Era of Cyberwar and the Hunt for the Kremlin’s Most Dangerous Hackers - Andy Greenberg
- Boulder - Eva Baltasar
- A great novella about the struggle of a lesbian couple has in the transition from being single, being in a relationship, and suddenly having children. Man Booker Intl 2023 Longlist.
- Time Shelter - [still reading]
- Man Booker Intl 2023 Longlist
- Golden Age Detective Stories - Otto Penzler [still reading]
I will keep updating this as I finish books.