“These are the places I like to buy new, and used books in Taipei.
Mollie Used Books 茉莉二手書店
http://www.mollie.com.tw Gongguan store 中正區羅斯福路四段40巷2號 Shida store 大安區和平東路一段222號
- Smaller selection of English books, but higher quality titles
- Books generally ‘newer’ and in better condition than books at WHOSE Books
- 15% off sticker price for members
- Very nice price stickers that peel-off without leaving residue!
WHOSE Books 胡思二手書
http://whosebooks.myweb.hinet.net/ Gongguan store 中正區羅斯福路三段308-1號 Shilin store 士林區中正路235巷44號
- Tend to find older books here.
- Prices slightly cheaper than Mollie’s
- Terrible price stickers that are very, very difficult to take off!
http://www.taiouan.com.tw 106台北市新生南路三段76巷6號1樓 (02)23625799 open 10:30-21:00 everyday
- Specializes in books about Taiwan.
- They have books written in aboriginal languages.
- Not large selection of English books and you have to hunt for them
- Have t-shirts, post cards, and other cool stuff too
- Some books from SMC Publishing for sale here
SMC Publishing Inc. 南天書局
http://www.smcbook.com.tw/ 羅斯福路三段283巷14弄14號1樓 open weekdays 08:00-18:00
- Can buy books on their website!
- Never been yet because they only open on weekdays :(
- New English books way over priced at ESLITE and most bookshops in Taiwan so I buy from BookDepository
- Free shipping!
- Prices in TWD on the website.
- Slow shipping (3-4 weeks)
- Started Big Bad Wolf Books sale
- Based in Malaysia
- Cheap shipping to Taiwan
- Book prices $150-200 NT + shipping
- Haven’t used yet!
#books #BookStores #BuyingBooks #tips #TaiwanReaders”,