“A guide for installation on a regular computer to supplement the official installation guide. I’ve installed #YunoHost a few times on different machines so just thought I’d make a checklist of things you should consider, or decide upon before you go down the road of #SelfHosting.
- Read the basic installation guide
- Explore the other documentation
- What do you want to self-host? Look at the apps available. As a newbie, only consider installing apps Level 7 and above in the beginning. I would suggest starting with: Pi-hole, and Nextcloud.
- Should you install Yunohost or Freedombox?
- BIOS settings - set computer to auto-reboot on power failure, set USB drive as first boot device
- Domain name: You need to choose a dynamic domain name for your server: yourname.nohost.me yourname.noho.st, yourname.ynh.fr More info…
- Hard Disk Setup: - Encrypted LVM? I would say no because you lose auto-reboot functionality on power failure. What partitions do you want to setup? Default is one big partition.
- Follow the Post-Installation guide
- Set static IP address: in router settings, or in Debian config at /etc/network/interfaces
- Forward ports 80 (HTTP/admin page), 443 (HTTPS), 22 (SSH), 5222 (XMPP clients), 5269 (XMPP servers), 25, 587 (email SMTP), 993 (emaip IMAP) on your router to your YunoHost IP address
- Update YunoHost through Admin UI > Tools > Upgrade
- Install your apps!